Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Random Days



We made our, now annual, trip to the pumpkin patch last weekend. It was a little rainy, making it a much shorter visit than we anticipated, but we certainly enjoyed ourselves, and the clouds helped keep the farm from getting too crowded. : ) Last year, we went to Sauvie's Island and we sat in line nearly two hours to cross over the bridge to get home....So, this year, we picked another farm, and enjoyed it thoroughly. Besides the pumpkins, they had turkeys, an animal "tour", corn maze, hay maze with a giant slide, elaborate play structure and alas the "launching" mechanisms (i.e, a pumpkin sling, cannon and trebuche). Kiely especially enjoyed the latter and is going to come up with some sort of contraption for our pumpkin carving party! We certainly wouldn't want the menfolk getting bored.





After our trip to the pumpkin patch I was inspired by the season and recruited Justus and his cousin Jacob to help make cut-out cookies. My mom has a fantastic recipe that uses whole wheat and honey! I tried to let Gabriel help while I was rolling out dough, but the seemingly small ball I gave him to "roll" went straight in his mouth...and was consumed! Oy!







The other, small, yet extremely exciting event occured when I received an email from Bernina (a sewing machine company). I was given one of Kiely's grandmothers old sewing machines that was going to be taken to goodwill a few years back and have been greatly pleased by its reliability despite it's age. However, one thing that didn't accompany it, was the manual. So, I have just used the basic functions on it...until this last week when the company emailed me a file containing the entire manual. Free!!!
I quickly made a trip to Lazerquick, had it printed (front and back) and bound. Complete with durable cover! Afterwards I didn't waste anytime in reading the manual front to back and am so very excited about the new "options" I now have with my machine. As well, as many other tips such as oiling, cleaning, needle capacity and such! Yipee, I found out it does in fact accomodate a dual needle. I was curious, but now I KNOW! So, for sentimental reasons, here is a picture of my new found manual. : ) Ahhhhh, true love at first sight!

3 comments:

Kati said...

Yeah for pumpkin patches!!! The weather was much better for us last year also, but what can you expect around here other than rain in the fall???

The boys are adorable...Great pictures!

Leah Rainey said...

Love the pictures. Sometimes I want kids just to take them to do cool stuff, then I realize that I'm really not ready for children all the time. hee hee
Thanks for the pic. I'm planning on blogging again. The overwhelming effects of the beginning of school are wearing off. Later. Leah

Lindsey said...

What great pictures!! I'm so glad you posted them. And the video of the woman singing all the things a mom says in a day really made me laugh...I guess her song just about sums it up. :) Glad you enjoyed your pumpkin patch excursion. And enjoy your new limitless options with your sewing machine! That's a fun feeling!