Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas is here!

I love Christmas time. It is especially exciting having children of my own to watch and see their responses to gifts and excitements that come up during this holiday...and it is just a few days away!!!

I am happy to say that I am completely done "buying" gifts and have only a few left to finish making. As always I think I've taken on one too many projects, but I admit I enjoy every minute of sewing and crafting I get to do this time of year...even when they keep me up until 3 in the morning sometimes. Oops! This year I have ventured on a new endeavor...embroidering. As I posted earlier, I now have my instruction manual to my sewing machine and have the "know how" to many options I had no idea I could do. So, embroidering here we come! I have run a few practice pieces and one actual gift, and think I'll get the hang of it sooner or later. My inspiration project is our stockings. I found some in a magazine that were just my style and of course, after seeing the monograms on them, I got it in my head that I could do just the same thing for ours....I'll let you know how it works out! Until then, Merry Christmas!

p.s. I missed you all these last few weeks. After the storm that came through we didn't have internet for over two weeks...what's a girl to do. So, it's a relief to be back online! Blessings

1 comment:

Tana said...

Merry Christmas!!!