honey-nut cheerios as a finger food (crunchy and yummy!!!)
mud puddles and rubber boots
the sound of a fog horn...even in the middle of the night
pumpkin smelling candles (mmm-ahhh)
homemade chai tea...with honey and cream
big fuzzy slippers
new earings
chubby babies
paper muffin cups and parchment paper (no sticking...and less cleaning-Perfect!)
scarfs
ballroom dancing (Kiely and I have been taking classes....soooo fun)
naked baby bottoms
porch swings
pregnant mommies
baking pies or other goodies...and the way my house smells (so delicious)
really stormy, rainy days
rollerblades
super hero capes (dun-da-duuuuunnnn)
long, dark, eyelashes
my kids playing pretend....
Sooo, what are some of your daily "SIMPLE PLEASURES"??? Do share!!!
Monday, November 17, 2008
A Few of My Favorite Things....
These are a few of my favorite things...not necessarily anything that holds super significance, just simple pleasures that make me smile : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sleeping babies; soft kittens; oriental noodles; clean sheets; a good book on a rainy day; familiar holiday smells; kisses; clean little-boy hair; ice cream. :)
I love the picture of the muddy splashing!
How about toddlers with chocolate around their mouths after eating a chocolate chip cookie? or how about when your toddler says..."Mommy, how was your day"?
Haven has started holding my cheeks when she kisses me...I love that. And I love the feel of a good run, bowlegged baby legs, hot chocolate, and laying down to take a nap when the phone doesn't ring at all. Also, I just read your post on simplifying...I needed the reminder to do the same thing in my life, so thanks. I'm often trying to use the moments when the kids are occupied, rather than just being occupied with them. And what a fantastic quote. Thanks. AND, thanks for the extra congratulations. I feel good but am a little nervous for three...how does that work out sanely anyways? :) I'm hoping to come home in late spring, if it works out, maybe you could show me the ropes then! :)
Post a Comment