Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Years Again?!!


I will admit I am not one to make New Years Resolutions...but sometimes it can be a good time to reflect on and perhaps offer a jumping off point for something new. And this year I so happen to be in the mood. So, borrowing from Lindsey's sentiments from last year, I'm going to pick a word!


REFRESH
1) to restore strength and animation to
2) to freshen up
3)to restore or maintain by renewing supply


My days can be hectic and overwhelming sometimes and I often wonder if I did anything right at all. However, one of my goals for motherhood is that I don't merely "Survive" these years of diapers and temper tantrums and messes...but that I can walk (or run-when needed : ) through them with joy and thankfulness and perhaps even a flare for adventure!!!


So in order to do that I feel the need to step back and re-evaluate my inventory....anything that is not used, needed or loved-HAS TO GO! Items as well as activities. However, the items are bit easier for me, so I am going to start there. Over the next month I am going to scour my house, rooms, cupboards, drawers, closets, storage...anything extra is gonna go right into a big tote that will be dropped off at Goodwill. Never to be missed again!!!


I function better in a clean house and I spend way too much time keeping it clean...so I'm hoping to eliminate the extra items that never seem to have a place or just add to the clutter.


And lastly I'm going to REFRESH my motives for motherhood. What do I really want my children to learn and am I doing what God designed me to do??? These I'll have to ponder for a while...but as far as the decluttering, I'm off!!!!


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

4 comments:

Tana said...

I love this Mel....what wonderful insight.

Addie said...

I'm going to do this too in January--simplify! I love the new year, it feels like such a fresh start right when I was feeling worn out.

Leah Rainey said...

Good work!!! I do aspire to have that power, to declutter...I am often faced with the obvious...why do I still have this in the house? As for your new year...love the motivation and spirit of it all, I shall try and find something myself.

~Mary Lennox~ said...

That's awesome. I'm totally copying you. Time to make a trip to the Goodwill donation site!

Shall we get together soon?