Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sooo Much To Do...

"O, SO much ter do
SO much ter be done!
The work’s NEVER through
An the work AINT MUCH FUN.

NO THANKS fer yer labor
No pay fer the job"
Jest "What’s fer supper?"
"How bout corn-on-da-cob?"

Ya mop an ya sweep,
Ya dust an ya shine
Then turn around
And WHAT do ya find?

His shoes on the FLOOR,
His coat on the chair,
His REAR in the couch,
An his feet in the air!!
...



So ya KICK off yer shoes
An ya THROW DOWN yer broom"
An ya wink at yer ole man
SO HE'LL MAKE YA SOME ROOM

This is why Ma and Pa have been married 25 years
."
(Mountain Ma And Pa~by Rebekah Pearl 1991 *emphasis added)



The work may never be done...So don't forget to STOP and have FUN!

"A CHEERFUL heart is GOOD medicine,
but a CRUSHED spirit dries up the bones"
Proverbs 17:22

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 comments:

Addie said...

This is from Created to be His Helpmeet right? I just read that book, what an eye-opener!

Melody C. Bondurant said...

Yes, Addie, it is! Definitely an eye-opener...and a work in progress :)

Lindsey said...

Sometimes I have needed a reminder that David is my best friend, and I ought to treat him as such, rather than just someone to be stressed with. :) When we flirt, tease, and play together, the "work" goes beautifully! I like this poem. :)

Lindsey said...

Love the poem. And I want you to do a list of 100 things about yourself. In case you were wondering. :) I think you're amazing and would LOVE to read a list like that from you, about you. Just sayin'.