As I was puting the boys to bed and laying down with Gabe for one last contribution to bed time...I thought, "I wish I could freeze this time. This age. This phase of our lives!"
I have spent many a day at my witts end, and many times thinking that my kids drive me totally crazy, and it's not the good kind of crazy either. I have taken endless deep breaths, and plenty of throw-my-hands-up because I'm done moments. And, to be honest, wasn't sure if I would ever get to the point of just enjoying my children...but, just tonight, I realized we must be getting close, because I honestly, and whole-heartedly wanted to hold on to this moment of life! It's such a great feeling, yet a little sad too, because I know they will grow...as they should. *sigh*
But, I still have today. So, TODAY, I will Rejoice! And thank my Heavenly Father for all that He has given and all He is doing in me and in my heart!
Selah (Pause and meditate on the goodness of God)
To child sized hands, sticky cheeks, dancing, bedtime stories, rubbing backs, lullabies, prayers, adventure, wonder, ridiculously large bites of food that are literally oozing out while chewing, chocolate chip cookies with "too many" chocolate chips, peanut butter toast (again), lost shoes, crawling, bed head and more bed head, holes in jeans (ALL the jeans), groggy mornings, pancakes on Saturday and so So, much more!
2 comments:
I love it Melody!
I love reading about mama miracles like that. I have felt God turn my heart towards my children over and over again--I love them WAY more than I ever could, on my own. :) You have beautiful, beautiful children! Thanks for the precious tribute to mothering. :)
Post a Comment