Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A great day!!!

Yesterday was my 24th Birthday and it was certainly a great day! I woke up to two boquets in my room and an ice-cream treat in the freezer! Then shortly after I realized I was awake and not dreaming, Kiely came in and pulled me out to the balcony off our room to see a beautiful sunrise. What a refreshing way to start the day!

My family sang me happy birthday at breakfast and after listening intently to the song, Justus followed them with a melodic "happy birthday - happy birthday to mommy!" Priceless!
Then after a normal morning and running some errands Kiely and I were able to get a quick lunch together with the boys. For some reason, a whole eight hours is too long for him to be gone, and I miss him, so I love it when we get a chance to meet half way through the day. : )

We ate dinner in the formal dining room with the nice dishes and candles-a simple treat! And afterwards Kiely had arranged for our friends and family to come over for dessert and a very boistrous game of Pictionary (probably my favorite board game). Which my team triumphantly won (not a huge detail...but I'll admit I'm a little competitive). The boys went down easily, even after all the comotion and excitement and I got an entire nights sleep...no crying children, no bathroom visits, and I even had pleasant dreams to go with it! Aahhhh, a great birthday indeed!

Also, I have plans to post a "belly pic" soon. It's just a matter of finding a camera and remembering all at the same time : ) Blessings

9 comments:

emily said...

Happy birthday Mel! How amazing that everything went so well, especially when little ones are involved :)I'm so happy that you had a wonderful relaxing day :)

Mikaila said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!!!

Kati said...

Well Happy Birthday to you!!! Glad to hear that it was one for the books!

Tana said...

Happy Birthday! There is nothing like a memorable Birthday.

Lindsey said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lindsey said...

Happy, Happy (Belated) Birthday, Mel! Wish we could have been there to find some way to make it even better...glad it was a wonderful one. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! LATE, I'm glad it was wonderful!!!!
Leah

Anonymous said...

Hi Melly! I loved your birthday blog...I could hear my little Justus singing! I miss him...well, I miss you all...but you know he's really my favorite boyfriend...will you send me (e-mail) your new phone number?? Love you tons! It was great seeing you both at the wedding!

Anonymous said...

Good words.