She's Here!!!
Selah Marie Louise
8lbs 1oz, 20.5"
Friday, June 10th
Selah Marie Louise
8lbs 1oz, 20.5"
Friday, June 10th
Our Story:
Thursday 4am: Got woken up with contractions and was losing my mucous plug! Yahoo!
6am: Told Kiely I was having contractions...He said, "Oh, I better get some more sleep then!" and rolled back over. : )
8am: Kie stayed home from work....
And NOTHING!
10pm: Mom/Midwife came and stayed the night...just in-case : )
Friday 3am: Woken up by contractions again!
8am: Sent Kiely to work...embarrassed he had to tell his boss we STILL hadn't had our baby!
6am: Told Kiely I was having contractions...He said, "Oh, I better get some more sleep then!" and rolled back over. : )
8am: Kie stayed home from work....
And NOTHING!
10pm: Mom/Midwife came and stayed the night...just in-case : )
Friday 3am: Woken up by contractions again!
8am: Sent Kiely to work...embarrassed he had to tell his boss we STILL hadn't had our baby!
11am: Friend Amie came with her 7month old son Zander (so cute)
Ate lunch and sent the boys out to play.
Chatted with mom and Amie, relaxed during contractions. (about 10 min apart)
4pm: Contractions were about 5 min apart on average and lasting around 90sec. We were still chatting though, I felt pretty good during the contractions and I didn't want to get excited too soon.
My mom told me to call Kie and have him come home...I was hesitant since he had stayed home the day before with no baby, but mom knows best!
5pm: Took a shower and spent some quiet time relaxing. Then Kie showed up.
Next hour and a half I spent walking, relaxing, rocking and resting my arms on the sink or bed during contractions and just letting my belly hang down. Probably the BEST pain relief I've experienced during labor. In between, I was still able to chat and "hang out".
6:30: The mother instinct must have set in, because I really wanted my older boys to come in from playing and just have everyone close...even though I still didn't think I was super close. I was still pretty comfortable.
7pm: No more chatting, no more "relief" during contractions! My mom had to get me refocused and talk me through relaxing and breathing through my belly...even though I didn't want to. IT HURT! I got to lean back into Kiely though...a wonderful way to finish a birth.
Ate lunch and sent the boys out to play.
Chatted with mom and Amie, relaxed during contractions. (about 10 min apart)
4pm: Contractions were about 5 min apart on average and lasting around 90sec. We were still chatting though, I felt pretty good during the contractions and I didn't want to get excited too soon.
My mom told me to call Kie and have him come home...I was hesitant since he had stayed home the day before with no baby, but mom knows best!
5pm: Took a shower and spent some quiet time relaxing. Then Kie showed up.
Next hour and a half I spent walking, relaxing, rocking and resting my arms on the sink or bed during contractions and just letting my belly hang down. Probably the BEST pain relief I've experienced during labor. In between, I was still able to chat and "hang out".
6:30: The mother instinct must have set in, because I really wanted my older boys to come in from playing and just have everyone close...even though I still didn't think I was super close. I was still pretty comfortable.
7pm: No more chatting, no more "relief" during contractions! My mom had to get me refocused and talk me through relaxing and breathing through my belly...even though I didn't want to. IT HURT! I got to lean back into Kiely though...a wonderful way to finish a birth.
7:10: As soon as I felt the urge to push. I went for it! No waiting! No Fetal Ejection Reflex...I didn't want to have any more contractions!!! (usually, I'm more patient and I recommend waiting...rushing it made me quite a bit more sore afterwards)
7:12pm She was here! IT"S A GIRL!!!
Almost there.
Trying to stay relaxed even though I wanted to escape my body at this point.
Any other mom who's been through birth can probably relate?
Trying to stay relaxed even though I wanted to escape my body at this point.
Any other mom who's been through birth can probably relate?
Oh, Sweet Love! We did it!


Talking to our new little girl...she wasn't breathing too well at first.
(Just a little gurgley)
(Just a little gurgley)
Guess what?! It's a baby sister!!!
This time, I got to do the honors of being the first to check!
This time, I got to do the honors of being the first to check!
Meeting baby sister!
Amie and Zander!
Their FIRST home birth experience!
(This was after she was born...it just looks like I'm still preggo : )
Their FIRST home birth experience!
(This was after she was born...it just looks like I'm still preggo : )
Daddy and his little girl!
A little face time with my new Sweetheart!
Ben's first meeting...He was sleeping when
she arrived!
she arrived!
Proud Big brother
2 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!
so happy for your family! what a wonderful blessing to have a sweet little girl now!
You make it sound like a breeze!
Post a Comment