Friday, September 9, 2011

Not As It Seems

Sometimes (or rather ALL the time), I really wish I didn't concern myself so much with what other think...or more likely, what I think others are thinking. While I think I have come a long way since highschool (Praise the Lord ; ), I still have a ways to go. Just for liberation sake, here are a few things I will PROUDLY post...that I usually try to cover up:

Picking my nose!
Okay, so I know EVERYONE must do this, but I still try a cover-up nose rub or whatever if caught in the act : )-

Letting my kids eat food that's fallen on the ground!
Honestly, I think their ROBUST immune systems can handle it!

Letting my house get ridiculously OUT-OF-CONTROL!
For some insane reason, I seem to want others to think my house is always neat and tidy...ITS NOT!

I stay in my pajamas and super scraggly hair until about 3 o'clock MOST days!

If there were no two ways about it, I would TOTALLY get an epidural!

My children take baths about once a week...IF I'm on top of it!

I let my boys pee outside, on the side of the road and in the backs of parking lots ALL the time!

I pee in the shower...oops, don't tell!

I like to tell people I did crew at Oregon State (so they'll think I'm SUPER cool), but that's only part true...I never finished the season. Lame-I know!

If left alone...I can eat a very UNHEALTHY amount of ice-cream, brownies or pie! Yum!

SOOO, now that you know a little more about the HIDDEN ME...Can we still be friends? *wink, and a smile*

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh Mel! you are human too!! I love it =) I will claim about 90% of your secrets as well, you are NOT alone, hehe.

JacquƩ Evans said...

Oh my goodness! So glad to hear you're human Mel! You are definitely on the short list of Super-Mom's I know so it is a bit of a relief to hear your confessions of "real-ness"!

Like Chelsea, I'll own about 90% of your secrets too! (maybe more like 95% - truth be known!)
Thanks for sharing!
*hugs*

Nicole B. said...

You would get an epidural!!?? Lol!

~Mary Lennox~ said...

I think I wanna be your friend even more!

I usually get dressed/ready in stages throughout the day. As long as I'm decent by the time Brett gets home, I feel pretty accomplished. :-D

Lindsey said...

Hooray for a new post! And such a great one, too!

Love the "confessions." Love that you are so beautifully human. So funny how much we all care so much what each other thinks, when really, most of us are too busy handling our own lives to see much of what anyone else is doing anyway.

And amen to letting kids pee, picking your nose, staying in PJ's all day, eating crazy amounts of ice cream and brownies, and embracing epidurals.

Love you!

jacquelyn said...

Sounds normal to me! (: I don't know who is spreading the crazy rumor that we shouldn't be doing those things... We are the REAL HOUSEWIVES... I wonder if anyone would watch our reality shows??? hahaha (:

Addie said...

I love this Melody! You are awesome.

Unknown said...

It's 315 pm.. Yup I'm still in jammies lol.
You have the most beautiful soul ever! Love you.